Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mara Lake Pictographs

My Sister

My Dad






















I went out to one of my favorite fall kayaking spots with my Dad and Sister today. We hit a bit of rain while we were driving but thankfully it cleared up and the water was like glass and aside from one fishing boat we were the only ones out on the water, which made it very peaceful and relaxing.

I have not been very successful in obtaining information regarding the history and meaning of the pictographs in the Shuswap area. I have looked online but not too much out there that I could find, I have ordered a couple of books from the library and hope those will be a good starting point. When I do find the information I'm looking for I will post for those who are interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment