Monday, August 1, 2011

Salmon Arm bay and the mouth of the Salmon River


I was on the water by 7 am last sunday and it was so peaceful. I paddled up the Salmon River, just a little way as there were so many little duck familys about half a kilometer up that I turned around, I didn't want to disturb them anymore than I already had.

This photo is of a group of pelicans that were also enjoying the peaceful morning! I saw a group of seven of them this time last year, but there were only three this time around. This is the third year that I seen them here in late spring and through the summer, I didn't even know we had such exotic birds here as these. The pelicans were curious regarding what I was but with all the canadian geese sqwaking and flying off like I was a predator the pelicans decided that maybe they should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment